Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Thing #23

I love LibraryThing! I will definately be able to use this for work. I often go to the shelves and randomly select a children's book to read but I frequently forget the title/author. Since I am very visually oriented, seeing the cover will help trigger my memory. Plus I can add my own tags to organize the list in the way that is meaningful to me. The most frustrating thing for me was when Google locked up my blog for 3 weeks and I had to start over. (They have never cleared my first blog. I can't even get into it to delete it.) I can see where many of these tools would be very useful for OCL work. Wikis and blogs can help manage information and input for departments and committees. Cutting down on email is wonderful. Bloglines will enable me to keep up on current research in child development for work and other areas I'm interested in personally. I can really see podcasting and videocasting as a way of providing children's programs on our webpage. I can see how ListenNJ could become a way to provide those old books that the Orthodox are always asking for if we did it from the library as they don't have Internet. I want to thank all of you for your hard work. You did a fabulous job! I am off on vacation but will return on the 30th in case I need to redo anything before the challenge is over. Just let me know. Thank you.

No comments: